BRidget Crock and AVA Nichols are the inspiration for BrAva Fight. Our goal is to help other families that are facing the same challenges and raise awareness of Childhood Cancer to the community.
Childhood Cancer Information:
- Each day, 46 children are diagnosed with cancer.
- Childhood cancers are the #1 killer of children - more than asthma, cystic fibrosis, diabetes, and pediatric AIDS combined.
- On average, a treatment for childhood cancer is two year.
- The cause of most childhood cancers is unknown and at present, cannot be prevented. (Most adult cancers result from lifestyle factors such as smoking, diet, occupation, and other exposure to cancer-causing agents).
- On the average, 1 in every 4 elementary school has a child with cancer. The average high school has two students who are a current or former cancer patient. In the U.S., about 46 children and adolescents are diagnosed with cancer every weekday.
3rd Annual BrAva 5k Family Fun Day
Click here for race times & standings
A Non-Profit Organization
Illnesses bond Bridget Crock, Ava Nichols
August 15, 2011
By Ashley Rittenhouse, The Marietta Times
ASHLEY RITTENHOUSE The Marietta Times
Bridget Crock, left, Ava Nichols, center, and Ava’s mom Traci Nichols, right, interact with Bridget’s cat, Lambert, at Bridget’s home in Marietta Sunday. Friends of the girls’ families have come together to form an organization called BrAva, which aims to benefit children with cancer.