Childhood Cancer Information:
- Each day, 46 children are diagnosed with cancer.
- Childhood cancers are the #1 killer of children - more than asthma, cystic fibrosis, diabetes, and pediatric AIDS combined.
- On average, a treatment for childhood cancer is two years.
- The cause of most childhood cancers is unknown and at present, cannot be prevented. (Most adult cancers result from lifestyle factors such as smoking, diet, occupation, and other exposure to cancer-causing agents).
- On the average, 1 in every 4 elementary schools has a child with cancer. The average high school has two students who are a current or former cancer patient. In the U.S., about 46 children and adolescents are diagnosed with cancer every weekday.
Did you know BrAva has donated over $30,000 to CureSearch
and local families since we began in 2011?
We appreciate everyone's help and support to make this organization grow!
Grand Central Mall is giving $10,000 away to local charities and YOU could help us win!